Friday, April 3, 2020

Hello Peace Arch Students!
Welcome to Mrs. Porter's first ever blog post - it is going to be all about READING and BOOKS.

I miss seeing you in the library and hope you are all doing well. I am hoping to give you and your families links to websites and apps, so you can have fun reading. Keep checking back and I will give you ideas to share and enjoy books together.  If you would like to subscribe to the blog to receive email alerts to new posts, enter your email in the "Subscribe by Email" box near the top right of the page!

You can see the first post has a picture of Miso and Mingsi. They are 11 year old twin brothers and they love to listen to books. (Although they have been known to fall asleep when I read to them.)

All of my pets will be reading with us. Can you already tell what kind of books are our facts favourites?

Please don't worry about your reading records for "Reading Across Canada" - everyone that started one will get their prize.

There will be lots of prizes and treats when we are able to return to the library. For now, just do your best reading the books you have at home and online. Reading or listening to the same book over still improves your reading. Remember: READING MAKES YOU SMART!

Love, Mrs. Porter

7 comments:

  1. Hello Mrs Porter! Thank you for creating a blog to help our kids continue their love for reading with you. We all miss seeing you in the Library.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey it's Mira I just want to say I love your cute dogs and I really miss you.Ps I love your books so much and thank you for everything you do for us.🥰

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss you too Mira! I hope you're doing lots of reading at home :)

      Delete
  4. Thank you for sharing this blog with us and pictures of your dogs! The Raouf kids will be following along with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! Keep up all your good reading at home :)

      Delete