Wednesday, May 27, 2020

NORMAN AND MISO BECAME PIRATES

How I Became a Pirate by Melinda Long
Photo Credit: Roy Priest 

NORMAN: Ahoy Miso - have you finished swabbing those decks yet?
MISO: Not yet Captain Norman. I want to go home and sit on the butterfly table and listen to stories. I'm feeling sea sick. 

Hi boys and girls! I bet some of you think being a pirate would be really fun. Finding treasure would be cool, but I wouldn't want to be in all those sword fights. You know what I think would be the worst thing about being a pirate? They didn't have dogs on pirate ships! They thought they would bring bad luck. But they did have cats - because they were good at catching rats (yuk.) I think I'll stick to being a librarian and having lots of dogs!

After you have listened to the story of How I Became a Pirate, you can print a pirate ship colouring sheet to work on at home. Maybe you can even find a spot to draw Miso on the ship!

How I Became a Pirate Video:

Colouring Sheet: 
Click here for printable version of colouring sheet: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eHPo8qE_RHWPnRI3CrHAzKObA5tgnDrm/view?usp=sharing

I hope you enjoyed the story. Stay tuned to see if Miso likes being a pirate any better next week!
Love, Mrs. Porter 

No comments:

Post a Comment